Saturday, January 25, 2020

'Double Departure' by Contemporary Realism Still-Life Artist Paula Peacock

Double Departure by Paula Peacock
Oil on Canvas
16" X 20"

In 2014 I lost my little sister to breast cancer and my son was killed 6 months later. This painting honors the people I lost. The monk figurine represents me and the two monks in the mirror represent my son and my sister. I am on this side and they have transitioned to the other side yet we will always remain connected as shown by the thin white ribbon. The white butterflies on the other side(in the mirror) are indicative of angels (for me). The nautilus indicates my mental state at the time, trapped, alone, yet protected by the outer walls I had erected while I dealt with grief.

Weekly Oil painting Classes for the Beginner

If you are interested in learning how to paint, I specialize in teaching the beginning beginner every Saturday at my studio in Longmont, CO. I take you step by step through a still life painting teaching you to have a clear concept in the basics of oil painting as well as how to mix paint, values, complements, varnishing, framing and more. 

Contact me here for information.


To view more of my work go to www.paulapeacock.com

No comments:

Post a Comment