Saturday, October 28, 2023

Equine Painting “Salt River Gals” by Painter of the American West Nancee Jean Busse

FRESH OFF THE EASEL 

When I decided to paint this piece I knew the challenge that was ahead of me. Those dappled shadows! And yes, they kicked my ass! I once heard an artist say that 95% of some paintings came off the brush with ease and the last 5% took forever. This was one of those paintings for me. And yet, when it was finished to my satisfaction, I felt that I had communicated the moment of comfort and peace felt by these wild horses, deep in the shade of the trees along the Salt River in Arizona.


16"x20"X 3" Acrylic on Ampersand Cradleboard/Available

Learn more HERE


Visit http://NanceeJean.com to view more of my work.

  Follow me on facebook
  Follow me on Pinterest
  Follow me on Instagram


No comments:

Post a Comment