Monday, December 29, 2014

Abstract Mixed Media Painting"Two Twelve" by Colorado Mixed Media Abstract Artist Carol Nelson


This is the second in my numbers series - mixed media abstracts that have a number component.  In this case the number is 2-12, which is the birthday of one of my daughters.  This painting started out as an unsuccessful collage that I deconstructed (that means I started tearing pieces off of it).    Usually, deconstruction is a last resort done when I can't get a mixed media piece to come together.  It's something I do when I know my actions could ruin the painting - but since the painting wasn't working out, I'm really not ruining anything. 

 Midway through the deconstruction, I thought a new potential painting was starting to show.  Actually, some of my most successful paintings have gone through a deconstruction phase.   You will notice several different materials in this piece including foam plate, tyvek, and several weights of paper, including some that I sprayed with Rustoleum Hammered Copper.  I love that spray paint and the very cool look it has. 

 24"x12"x1.5"Mixed Media on Panel/Available

 Click HERE  for pricing.

 View more of my work at http://carolnelsonfineart.com

 Learn about my special Canvas Minis HERE

 Sign up for my quarterly newsletter HERE

 View my WORKSHOP SCHEDULE  Here

 View my available BOOKS Here Abstract art, Carol Nelson, cfai.co artist, collage art, colorado artist, Mixed Media art, orange art,

No comments:

Post a Comment