Thursday, May 26, 2022

Original Equine Painting "Time Traveler" by Nancee Jean Busse, Painter of the American West

The horse is an American Western icon. They existed in the Western Hemisphere for millions of years until an extinction approximately 13,000 years ago. They were introduced back onto the Western Hemisphere by the European explorers. The First People embraced the beauty, usefulness, heart and soul of the horse into their lives. When I painted Time Traveler I juxtaposed the beautiful Paint horse with the crimson background of petroglyphs. I painted this with a sense of gratitude for the combined gift of helpfulness, grace, and beauty of the horse.

 16"x20"x1/8 Acrylic on Board

 Currently on exhibit at the Phippen Museum of Western Art, Prescott, Arizona

 Learn more HERE

 Follow me on facebook
 Follow me on Pinterest
 Follow me on Instagram


No comments:

Post a Comment