Monday, November 6, 2023

Original Western Landscape Painting, Wildlife Art, "Narcissus at the Stock Tank" by Artist Nancee Jean, Painter of the American West

 




FRESH OFF THE EASEL

There's a stock tank and windmill on our little western Colorado ranchero. I've seen some pretty amazing things happen at the stock tank. This hawk spent quite a bit of time around the tank on an early fall day last year. She was up on the windmill, walking the rim of the tank, and then catching a glimpse of her reflection and freaking out. It reminded me of the Greek myth about Narcissus, who gazed at his reflection in a pond with such ardor that the gods turned him into a flower, a narcissus, so he could live at the water's edge forever.


 16"x20" Acrylic on Canvas/Available

 Click HERE  for purchase info.

Visit http://NanceeJean.com to view more of my work


  Follow me on facebook
  Follow me on Pinterest
  Follow me on Instagram



No comments:

Post a Comment