Saturday, April 15, 2023

Original Equine Painting "Monastary Horses" by Nancee Jean Busse, Painter of the American West

Years ago I attended a retreat at the Benedictine monastery in Snowmass, Colorado in January. It was a beautiful setting and it snowed all weekend. There were 2 sights that printed themselves indelibly on my memory: one was of strong men in brown robes and Wellies pushing the attendees cars out of snowbanks. The other was of the way the stable looked the morning I left, so calm and serene. The statue of Mary reigned over the corral and big, soft flakes of snow fell gently and quietly to the ground.

20"x20"x1/8 Acrylic on Cradleboard

 Currently on exhibit at the Phippen Museum of Western Art, Prescott, Arizona

 Learn more HERE

 Follow me on facebook
 Follow me on Pinterest
 Follow me on Instagram


No comments:

Post a Comment