Sunday, March 23, 2014

Frond Shadow - Impressionistic Landscape Palm Tree by Pam Holnback

Frond Shadow
Oil  8" x 6"
$100.00 + $10. s/h
I loved the way the palm fronds created almost abstract shadows on the sand.  After laying on the beach, reading and continually looking at the shadows, I realized that a painting was right there in front of me!


I have 2 plein air set ups.  This is an 8" x 10" Open Box M.  I use this when we fly somewhere.  (I have another arger set-up for car trips.)  For this trip we each had 2 carry ons:  a small suitcase with our clothes and I had a day pack (on the back of the beach chair), with my painting supplies.  I use a tripod that telescopes quite small, a limited palette (6 colors + white) of water based oils, canvas paper which I pre-cut to 6 x 8 1/2 (so I have a little room for tape), and a 6" x 8" Raymar panel carrier which normally holds 12 panels, but I've cut it down to hold 8 (that takes up less room and the water based oils dry fairly quickly.)  I include a TSA information sheet with the paints.  There is not a problem flying with paints in your carryon.  Paints are not liquids, they are like toothpaste, and they are not toxic.  I take 4 brushes and throw in a few paper towels to get me started.

No comments:

Post a Comment