Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Chipmunk Wildlife Painting, Colorado Landscape “A New Dawn; A New Day” by Colorado Artist Nancee Jean Busse

I live in the desert of Western Colorado. A short drive away, the landscape changes from sage/juniper/pinyon desert to tall pines, cool air, and hundreds (literally) of lakes. Colorado’s Grand Mesa (debatably the world’s largest flat-top mountain) is the habitat for elk, deer, moose, bear, and chipmunks. Thousands of chipmunks. At the edge of the Mesa, where visitors gather for the breathtaking view, chipmunks gather, too. They are there for the treats they get from tourists. I photographed this handsome pair perched on the rugged volcanic rock at Land’s End.

24"x18"x1" Acrylic on Panel 

Click HERE for purchase info.

Visit http://NanceeJean.com to view more of my work

Follow me on facebook
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment