Saturday, February 1, 2020

Mixed media geologic abstract, "Petroglyphs", © Carol Nelson Fine Art

"Petroglyphs" , 24 x 18, by Carol Nelson


This mixed media piece is done in a neutral palette. The earthy brown tones warm up a generally cool gray, black and white palette. I started the painting by layering three kinds of paper on the canvas: brown packing paper, red rosin paper, and textured wallpaper.



Then I added some premixed stucco repair (found in the paint department at Home Depot). I was interested in how the three different papers and the texture medium would absorb the paint. Sometimes you are surprised how a single swish of paint can look so different depending on the absorption of the substrate. For more information about this painting, please click here to go to my website.

 24"x18"x1.5" Mixed Media on Canvas /Available

 Click HERE  for pricing.

 View more of my work at http://carolnelsonfineart.com

 Learn about my special Canvas Minis HERE

 Sign up for my quarterly newsletter HERE

 View my WORKSHOP SCHEDULE  Here

 View my available BOOKS Here

======================================
Order My Video....

"New Approaches to Mixed Media Materials,"

www.craftsy.com/ext/CarolNelson_10658_D












No comments:

Post a Comment