Friday, January 17, 2020

'Looking for Me', Contemporary Realism Still-Life by Paula Peacock

'Looking for Me'
by Paula Peacock
30" x 24"
Oil on Canvas

" I wonder if I've been changed during the night. Let me think. Was I the same when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I'm not the same, the next question is 'Who in the world am I?' Ah, that's the great puzzle!" (Alice in Wonderland)

After my son was murdered in 2014 I started a series of paintings and sculptures which I call 'Altered Soul'. This is one of those paintings. Major depression had set in and my world and as well as myself had changed, never to be the same again. I was missing what life used to be for me and I was searching for healing.
I heard Buddhism is not a religion but an education in searching for the 'self.' The 'self' is who I lost when I lost my son. I was, and still am, on a journey of healing. I am much wiser and understanding now and have gone through that tunnel to the light at the end.
The eucalyptus symbolizes caution and the Buddha is indicative of my search for peace and serenity.

Saturday Weekly Oil Painting Classes for Beginner Art Students covering painting techniques, color theory, composition, featuring the subject of Still-Life. You will gain an understanding of the oil painting process as you learn about color mixing, values, complements. Canvas prep, varnish, framing, mediums and paintbrush care will be discussed. Each student is encouraged to work at their own pace. For Materials List contact Paula Peacock.
Location: Peacock Art Studio, 1515 Main St., Longmont, CO  80501
Cost: $45 per 2-hour class
To register: text 720-938-9661 or email paulapeacock@rocketmail.com


For purchasing please contact Paula at paulapeacock@rocketmail.com To view more of my work go to www.paulapeacock.com

No comments:

Post a Comment