Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Mixed media geologic abstract painting, "Artifacts 2" © Carol Nelson Fine Art

"Artifacts 2" , 10x10 inches, by Carol Nelson


FRESH OFF THE EASEL

This geologic abstract focuses on hand made clay pieces that resemble ancient pottery artifacts in an archeological dig.  At least, that's my artistic interpretation - my apologies to actual archeologists and geologists.

I just love the color palette in this one.  Can't go wrong with complements, right?  But notice in the turquoise section there is some olive green areas.  That's where I added some of the orange to the turquoise.  In the upper orange section, there are brown tones added.  There I added some Van Dyke brown to my orange mixture.  Those subtle color shifts soften the strong contrast of warm and cool tones.


  10"x10"x1.5"" Mixed Media on Canvas/sold

  PURCHASE A FINE ART PRINT HERE

  View more of my work at http://carolnelsonfineart.com

  Sign up for my quarterly newsletter HERE

  View my WORKSHOP SCHEDULE  Here

  View my available BOOKS Here

======================================

Follow me on facebook
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Instagram

Study with me Virtually?
Check out my video "New Approaches to Mixed Media Materials," HERE







No comments:

Post a Comment