Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Abstract, Mixed Media Landscape, “Foothills” by Colorado Mixed Media Abstract Artist Carol Nelson


"Foothills", 6x24, mixed media by Carol Nelson
detail

There a wonderful moments that happen from time to time in the studio. This painting started with a random application of texture compounds.

Then, with a neutral palette in mind, I poured black, white, and sepia colors and let them wander. Turning the canvas in different directions, I was struck with the landscape image that became this painting.

Mostly, the painting painted itself with a little guidance from me. After I saw the landscape forming, I added some metallic colors of bronze and silver, and a bit of micaceous iron oxide.

6"x24"x1.5" Mixed Media on Canvas-Available

$275

 Click HERE to purchase.

 View more of my work at http://carolnelsonfineart.com

 Learn about my special Canvas Minis HERE

 Sign up for my quarterly newsletter HERE

 View my WORKSHOP SCHEDULE  Here

 View my available BOOKS Here
======================================

Check out my VIDEO

"New Approaches to Mixed Media Materials,"

If you want to see what all the hoopla is about, click this link:

www.craftsy.com/ext/CarolNelson_10658_D






No comments:

Post a Comment