Friday, May 11, 2018

"These are the Moments", Original Mixed Media/Encaustic Painting by Colorado Artist, Donna L. Martin


These Are the Moments



“Paradise has never been about places.  It exists in moments.  In connection.  In flashes across time.” – Victoria Erickson

Seems like in this life, we get those rare and beautiful moments of just pure joy.  I was reminiscing about one of those beautiful moments when I created this painting.  I embedded a photo that I took off the coast of Oregon into the background.  I embellished it with paints and inks and added another small tree.  The background also has a portion of an old deed embedded into it along with some fabric and painted papers.  The whole piece was then finished with a layer of encaustic wax.


This painting is sold, but commissions are available.  Feel free to send me an email with any questions or comments!

www.donnamartinfineart.com

www.facebook.com/donnamartinfineart/

No comments:

Post a Comment