Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Original Mixed Media Floral Painting, "Shine On", by Colorado Artist, Donna L. Martin




Shine On

I've been doing alot of reflection and contemplating these days.  I've been trying to be more conscious, taking more time to really be "in the moment". Cherishing and enjoying those rare, happy, blissful moments.  It seems that even when we are doing something we enjoy or we are with people we love, our minds are going in a million directions and we are still worried - about what happens next, what happens tomorrow, what happens next Tuesday.

Yesterday I was reflecting on those happy moments when I created this little painting.  Those moments of pure joy that I will always treasure.  I thought about my little Granddaughters...their giggles and their laughter at the silly things I say to them.  It causes me to be present in the moment and I get caught up in their laughter.  Nothing else in the world matters in that moment.

This is for all of you sisters, wives, daughters, and mothers who make a difference in the world.  I hope you take the time to be fully happy in the moment and Shine On!

8 X 8 X 1.5 Mixed Media on Birch Cradle Board.  The petals are textured and the little words on it read, "It is the sisters, wives and mothers, you know, who keep the world sweet and beautiful".  The green "leaves" are thin pieces of colored glass.  It will be finished with an epoxy resin coat, so there is no need for framing!  It is available for purchase. 

For more information, comments, or to purchase, please contact me at:

To view more of my work:

No comments:

Post a Comment